Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This post is dedicated to cousin Kuet Tai

I understand that recently you've been wanting to save money by limiting your spendings on daily meals.

Personally I have encountered this problem before, and still do.
One of the best way is to cook our own meal, provided that you have a kitchen in your place.


Curry is the dish. My Kashmiri housemate taught me, and I find it useful.
Considering that you only cook for lunch and dinner, 1 pot of curry is sufficient for 2 meals. Just store the unfinished curry into the fridge; add in some water and bring to boil before dinner.

Ingredients of curry can vary.
2-3 potatoes, skinned, cut into cubes/slices.
1 onion
2-3 shallots
Curry powder & Chilli powder & Tumeric powder (which all 3 can be bought from grocery stalls)

There you go a pot of nice curry. You might want to add in some chicken in it if you want to. If not, a nice pot of vege curry is just fine. Tasty and healthy!
Here's the amazing fact about curry, you can put all sort of ingredients you favor. i.e carrots, brinjals, seafood, or whatever that you can think of!

I have moved to my new apartment for a month. Been having curry ever since, but of course not everyday. I find them easy to cook, and appetite-friendly.

Haha, hope you'll find this useful.

No comments: