Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I miss doing the most during childhood

I came across this question in Facebook interview and it popped in my head so much of memories.

The previous time I went back to Miri was for CNY. I wanted to gather all the cousins up and pay a visit to our grandparents old house we used to call 'Tukau'. Truth is, grandparents have passed years ago. As for the house, it was intentionally burnt down by some god-knows-who out there years before that.

When we were young and small, visits to grandpa's house were fun. Of course I was only what, like 7, 8 or 10 years old.
During weekends we cousins usually gather up and be there by the afternoon. The grown ups will do their stuffs, tidy up the house, preparing lunch; while the kids will be out there catching grasshoppers, or at the backyard(which was a huge, deep and endless jungle) playing. Grandpa's house was basically located in the middle of a jungle.

Grandma always had tea in the kettle in the kitchen, which I didn't like back then. Grandpa will always have carbonated Sarsi drinks under his bed. If you are lucky, he will offer you a can.

On the desk you can see calenders piling up, pieces by pieces. The kids will take these old, yellowish calenders that grandma removes from the calender on the wall every morning, and use them to make paper flights. We will make as many as we can, head up to the balcony, and see whose flight can fly the furthest.


I miss that place; I miss grandpa
;)

No comments: