Monday, December 14, 2009

First dish home!

It's chinese. No specific name. Haha


Good thing about cooking back at home, mom will help preparing the ingredients. I.e skinning off yam, cutting the chicken and stuff like that, which I didn't like to do (more like I do not know how) xP

It's chicken + yam. That's about it.


I must say, Yam is my favourite ingredient.!






Basically just pan-fry the marinated chicken parts first. Following by covering the chickens with lots and lots of yam, and some carrot. I prepared a mixture of oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and warm water. Poured in and stew!






Will look like that after 10-20 minutes. The longer you stew it, the better the yam gets.
Not to forget adding in the grinded black pepper.





Add in basil and it's done!

No comments: