Friday, November 27, 2009

Here we go again

My housemate, let's call him Al.
Today morning just when I was about to go pack my lunch, Al opened the door and his parents were here. If I'm not wrong they came all the way from Kuching to visit their son. I said hello to Al's mom; she is a very decent woman. She asked if I have found another room and then offered me all the furnitures since her son Al (my housemate) will be moving very soon. I kindly rejected.
Al didn't look very happy from the start.
About 10 minutes later when I return, just before I reached the gate to my unit, I heard loud and tensed communication between Al and his parents.
I proceeded and opened the front gate to get in. Al's father(about 60) was crouching down, unpacking his luguage trying to find something. Again I see angered emotion on Al while his father utters in Mandarin:" Don't be like this la."


And now we come to the evening, which is about an hour ago. I went out to pack dinner. Almost reaching the elevator, I saw Al and his mother coming back. I looked at Al who was walking in front; I tried to initiate a smile, but he looked as if he was in rage. On the other hand, her mother smiled at me.
I'm just gonna skip the dinner part.
I got back, and as soon as I entered, I saw Al's mother, stoned.
Al flung something against the wall, turning the door knob of his room, kicking the door, and paced in his room, with force.

Yes, in front of me, and in front of his mother.
I went in my room, sat down, couldn't help but to overhear their conversations.
I have no idea whatsoever family issues they have, but it is certainly not a very good one.
The level of enormity definitely awes me and I think I have seen the worst son ever.
The way Al talks to and behaves towards his mother makes me realise that no one in this world should treat their own mother like that.
If you are, it's not too late to be sorry.


Because one day you will in turn be the parents of your child, too.

Role-taking. - Mr. Philip

No comments: