Sunday, November 8, 2009

I almost missed my flight

My flight was scheduled to take off at 3pm. And my bus departed at 12:45pm from Sentral. The journey to LCCT will take 1 hour and 15 minutes. Meaning that I will reach at 2pm. But the problem is, Air-Asia counter usually close 45minutes before departure; meaning that I only had 15 minutes to get things done once I arrived at the air-port.
The bigger problem is, I didn't even know if the bus will be punctual because of the traffic-jam. Also, those airport buses have old crappy engines.


I panicked big time, I wanted to cry(seriously) but I couldn't because the bus was full. I wish the bus driver could ignore all those red traffic lights, but of course it's not going to happen.
I glanced at my watch for at least a hundred times when I was in the bus, while I was telling the Chinese uncle sitting beside me what was happening.


My heart almost jumped out of my throat.


And the bus stopped for like 50 tolls! (lol of couse not, maybe 4 or 5!)


It was 1:45pm and the bus was still moving; then the LCCT building appeared. Then the Uncle told me, gladly - See, we are here already. Can la, no worry. Next time ah, just come earlier; because the plane doesn't wait for anyone.

And then he said something very weird.

"Biar lambat; asal selamat!"

I was like WHAT?!



I think he was trying to say "Better safe than sorry".

Anyway, he calmed me down a lot during the journey. Thanks old man; and I helped him to pull out his lugguage from the bus. Afterthat I literally ran to the check-in counter, carrying my laptop, guitar and my luguage.

Hectic.

No comments: