Monday, July 13, 2009

Corn Soup for Dinner

It's actually Corn+Onion+Tofu+Gizzard soup. Hahaha, anyway it went like this...



These are the ingredients needed:

Canned sweet corn.
An onion.
An egg.
Frozen Tofu.
Gizzard (Optional, LOL)
Salt
Pepper
Knox Chicken Stock




Peel the onion...




And slice it nicely...




Remove the tofu from the package




Cut and salt them while they are still in frozen state.




Bring water to boil, and add in a cube of Knox chicken stock.




Add in the onions, keep the fire small and continue boiling for a few minutes until the onion is soft.




Add in the frozen tofu, cook in small fire.










Meantime, grab my keys and wallet.




I'm stepping out my place.




I'm walking...





Still walking...














For this! Hahahaha, chicken Gizzards.



10 minutes later, back to my place...... picked up what I left off





The soup should be fully boiled by now. Onion's soft, tofu's soaked in the soup.





Now add in the sweet corn.





And the chicken gizzards(again, Optional). Don't judge me, I'm only human! I know most of you guys despise chicken gizzards. HAHAHAHAa :p





Beat the egg, just beat it. Oh just beat it. Oh Michael.





Bring to boil, and add in the beaten egg. Stir constantly whilst.





Cover with lid, cook for another 5 minutes.






Season with some black pepper.





And Taaadaaaaaaaa...







Ok the presentation may not be that good and most of you might think that it's gross. Hahahahahhahaaaaa but for godsake it's not gross, and the tofu is exquisite!






Ok here's why I used frozen tofu.
It gives you layers and room to absorb the soup or whatever gravy there is in your dish. Just take the normal tofu and put it in your freezer for one night, at least.
Feel the surprise when you take the first bite of it.
Try it!
Cheeers!

No comments: